BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Ontada®, a McKesson business dedicated to leveraging oncology real-world data and evidence, clinical education, and provider technology, announced the appointment of Christine Davis as its new president. In this role, Davis will focus on growing the business and fostering innovation, all to improve the lives of patients and win the fight against cancer. With more than 25 years of experience in the life sciences industry, Davis possesses an impressive background in oncology research and real-world data.
“Christine has a strong track record of driving significant business growth and transformation,” said Kirk Kaminsky, president of Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services at McKesson. “We’re confident she will lead the way in harnessing Ontada’s real-world data and evidence, along with McKesson’s unmatched portfolio of oncology services, to improve health outcomes for patients living with cancer.”
In her newly appointed position, Davis will advance Ontada’s real-world data and evidence services that are helping to accelerate drug development and commercialization, educate providers on new treatments, and advance precise, evidence-driven patient care. Additionally, she aims to enhance Ontada’s healthcare technology solutions to better serve oncology providers.
Previously, Davis served as the Oracle Life Sciences’ Global Head of Commercial Research & Consulting for Cerner Enviza. She worked her way into life sciences leadership while at Kantar Health, a data analytics and research company focused on oncology and rare diseases later acquired by Cerner. At Kantar, Davis led the research business and directed U.S. primary research and analytics into opportunities for growth, differentiation, and innovation on behalf of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies. She later served as global head of oncology and specialty therapeutics where she led the company’s oncology data and products business. Davis holds a master’s from Northeastern University and a BS in Nutrition and Biochemistry from Syracuse University.
“Playing an integral part in improving the lives of cancer patients is something to be proud of, and it drives me to go to work with such purpose. I am glad to be joining Ontada’s amazing team, whose members have the same passion to drive transformation and innovation in an ever-evolving field,” said Davis. “With the support of McKesson and the strength of Ontada, I see so much opportunity to bring real and powerful impact to patient lives.”
Ontada is an oncology technology and insights business dedicated to transforming the fight against cancer. Part of McKesson Corporation, Ontada was founded on the core belief that precise insights – delivered exactly at the point of need – can save more patients’ lives. We connect the full patient journey by combining technologies used by The US Oncology Network and other community oncology providers with real-world data and research relied on by all top 15 global life sciences companies. Our work helps accelerate innovation and power the future of cancer care. For more information, visit ontada.com.
About McKesson Oncology and Specialty Solutions
It’s an unprecedented time for patients living with cancer as life sciences companies race to create new, cutting-edge therapies. With cancer care becoming more targeted, providers, life sciences companies, and payers face a multitude of challenges and complexity in the development of new treatments and making them accessible to patients in need. At McKesson, our unmatched portfolio of oncology businesses and partners provide research, insights, technologies, and services that are helping to address these hurdles and improve cancer and specialty care.
- McKesson is fueling discovery by helping patients participate in cutting-edge clinical trials closer to home through the joint venture between US Oncology Research and Sarah Cannon Research Institute.
- The US Oncology Network and McKesson Provider Solutions are advancing specialty care and high-quality cancer care in the communities where patients live by supporting the practices of thousands of independent, community-based providers.
- Ontada®, a McKesson business dedicated to oncology, generates real-world data (RWD) and real-world evidence (RWE) and provides clinical education and provider technology to inform and improve cancer care.
- As one of the largest distributors of oncology and specialty medicines, we are ensuring medicines make their way to those who are counting on them.
- And through CoverMyMeds, Biologics by McKesson, and GPO services, our work continues to help patients access, afford, and adhere to their medicines.